The Language Testing Research Colloquium (LTRC) is the annual conference of the International Language Testing Association (ILTA). The 34th LTRC will take place from Tuesday, April 3 to Thursday, April 5, 2012, at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Princeton, New Jersey. Pre-Conference Workshops will take place on Sunday April 1 and Monday, April 2. This year's event will be hosted by Educational Testing Service (ETS).
The theme of LTRC 2012 is Assessment and Learning: Bridging Diverse Disciplines and Domains. Preference will be given to proposals that are clearly related to one of the areas listed below.
· Interplay amongst classroom teaching, formative assessments and summative assessments
· Interface between language assessment, language learning and computer technologies
· Key research issues and practices in language assessments for younger learners
· Key research issues and practices in language assessments across diverse contexts and domains
· Potential applications of theories, innovations and practices in other disciplines (e.g., SLA, psycholinguistics, cognitive psychology, educational measurement) to language assessment
Proposals are solicited for presentations in the following categories:
1) Research Papers
2) Symposia (please note the new guidelines for these)
3) “Work in Progress” sessions
All proposals must be submitted via an ILTA website specifically set up for on-line submissions. The submission website will be launched by July 30, 2011. No email, fax, or regular mail submissions will be accepted.
· Receipt of proposals: 10 p.m., October 15, 2011, Eastern Standard Time, U.S.
· Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance: December 15, 2011.
The full Call for Proposals is available at: www.ets.org/ltrc2012 . For further enquiries, please contact: LTRC2012 at ets dot org.
Xi, X. [LTEST-L] Call for Proposals -- LTRC 2012. LTEST-L listserv (LTEST-L@LISTS.PSU.EDU, 15 Jul 2011).