Here are two upcoming professional development courses from the East Bay World Language Project in California:
Integrating 21st Century Technology to Enhance Communication
June 17, 18, and 19, 2013
Using technology tools for engagement, learning, and management
• Learn how to use free web 2.0 tools to engage students in their own learning.
• Be able to find and collect culturally authentic resources in the target language.
• Design lessons that align with Common Core and World Language Standards.
• Get tips on managing a 21st Century classroom.
Leadership Skills Symposium: Developing Teacher Leaders
June 20, 21, and 22, 2013
Become an effective leader. Have an impact beyond your classroom!
• Learn how to plan and lead effective meetings with colleagues.
• Practice using facilitation protocols.
• Prepare and deliver a professional learning presentation.
• Understand how the Common Core and World Language Standards align.
• Plan an advocacy event for world languages at your site.
Both will be taught at the Berkeley Language Center at the University of California Berkeley. Learn more at http://blc.berkeley.edu/index.php/blc/post/june_2013_professional_development_courses