The Council on Language Instruction and The MultiMedia Learning Center at Northwestern University, together with the Sandi Port Errant Language and Culture Learning Center at the University of Illinois-Chicago and the Center for the Study of Languages at the University of Chicago
invite you to participate in the
LANGUAGE SYMPOSIUM 2011: "Foreign Languages as a Global Skill"
April 15-16, 2011
Topics may include:
- Integrating global skills into language curricula
- Models of teaching languages across the disciplines
- Fostering the development of intercultural competence
- Cultural exchanges with universities abroad
- Making study abroad meaningful
- Service learning (i.e. language and community)
- Language study for careers and professions
- Language for special purposes (i.e. medicine, engineering, research, business, diplomacy, music, etc...)
- Assessing global language skills
Language instructors at all levels are invited to submit proposals; all languages are welcome.
Proposal submission deadline: Monday, February 13, 2011.
Early registration deadline: Friday, April 1, 2011.
Download the full call for proposals at http://www.cli.northwestern.edu/activities/symposia/2011.html