2013 CIBER Business Language Conference – Call for Proposals
Indiana University’s Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) invites you to join them and all co-sponsoring CIBERs in Bloomington from April 4th through 6th for the 2013 Business Language Conference entitled The Business of Language: Educating the Next Generation of Global Professionals. The theme intends to generate an exchange of ideas and development of actions on how to make the teaching of business language and culture a priority in the academic setting. The organizers invite proposals for presentations that will support this theme. Topics could include but are not limited to:
· Critical language needs at the state, national, or international level
· Meeting cross-cultural communication needs for professional contexts
· Curriculum development to meet the needs of a specific business or profession
· Research and pedagogy in experiential business language education
· Innovative teaching techniques in curriculum development
· Methods and tools to set and assess learning outcomes
· Best practices for Languages for Specific Purposes
Proposal submissions are due on November 8, 2012. Details on the submission guidelines can be found at http://kelley.iu.edu/cblc .
Additional details regarding the conference, including registration and hotel information, can be found on the conference website.