American Councils 2013 Summer Russian Language Teachers Program
Fully-Funded* Overseas Professional Development for Russian Language Teachers
American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS is now accepting applications for the 2013 Summer Russian Language Teachers Program at Moscow State University. Twelve finalists will be selected to receive program funding from the U.S. Department of Education (Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad). All program expenses will be paid for these participants (*less an initial program administration fee and domestic travel to and from Washington, D.C.).
Applications for the Summer 2013 program are due March 1st. Interested applicants can access the online application at http://www.acStudyAbroad.org/sumteach
The Summer Russian Language Teachers Program is a six-week program in Russian language, culture, and linguistics for pre- and in-service teachers of Russian language. Applicants must be either graduate students preparing for a career in Russian-language education or current teachers of Russian at the university, secondary school, or elementary school level. Applications from K-12 teachers of Russian are especially encouraged. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
The fellowship provides:
- Full tuition for six weeks of study at Moscow State University;
- Housing in the Moscow State dormitory;
- Roundtrip, international airfare from Washington, D.C. to Moscow;
- Pre-departure orientation in Washington. D.C.;
- Pre- and post-program testing
- Russian visa;
- A weekly stipend of $180;
- Weekly cultural excursions
- Weekend trip to the Golden Ring
- Medical insurance; and
- Ten graduate hours of credit from Bryn Mawr College.
For more information visit http://www.acStudyAbroad.org/sumteach
Warchol, M. [SEELANGS] Summer Program in Moscow for Teachers of Russian Language: Apply Now. SEELANGS listserv (SEELANGS@LISTSERV.UA.EDU, 12 Dec 2012).