The Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) of the Johns Hopkins University invites applications for the Head of Foreign Language Instructional Technology. Based in Washington, D.C., this position will be responsible for teaching courses in:
- Modern foreign languages, language teaching methodology, and instructional technology (50% of time).
- Provide vision and leadership in the implementation of new technologies in the school language curriculum; as well as technological and linguistic expertise in the development of instructional materials and resources for blended learning, in alignment with the priorities and goals set by the Language Studies Program (LSP).
- Work with the LSP Director to develop the planning process, policies, and protocols for the use of technology in the LSP.
- Serve as liaison between the language faculty and the departments of Information Technology and Academic Technology.
- Be responsible for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of technologies and related practices within the LSP.
- Assist language faculty on the appraisal and adoption of software and equipment.
- Manage the Language Technology Center staff, facilities and equipment.
- A Ph.D. in Modern Foreign Languages or Applied Linguistics with a focus on instructional technology.
View the full job posting at http://linguistlist.org/issues/23/23-5174.html