The research group “Intercultural Pragmatic Studies (English-Spanish): Pragmatic and Discourse Issues” is pleased to announce the upcoming Sixth International Symposium on Intercultural, Cognitive and Social Pragmatics (EPICS VI, after the Spanish acronym for “Encuentros de Pragmática Intercultural, Cognitiva y Social”). EPICS VI will be held on 12-14 May 2014, at the University of Seville, Spain.
EPICS VI especially focuses, but is not limited to contributions, that address, explore or analyse in depth language aggression and conflict from a pragmatic perspective, as well as to works that present theoretical developments and practical applications on, among others, the following topics:
- Gender differences in language aggression and conflict
- Language aggression and conflict among family members
- Language aggression and conflict in work/academic settings
- Language aggression, conflict and identity
- Emotional communication and conflict
- Language aggression and conflict in the classroom
- Language aggression and conflict in political discourse
- Language aggression and conflict in the (digital) media.
- Language aggression and conflict in inter/cross cultural communication
- Language aggression and conflict in service encounters
- (Intercultural) Business and conflict
- Forensic linguistics
Call Deadline: 13-Dec-2013
View the full call for papers at http://linguistlist.org/issues/24/24-4849.html