Each year, the Cultural Services of the French Embassy offer a number of grants to qualified primary and secondary school teachers of French who would like to enhance their knowledge of French culture and improve their language and teaching skills.
The program includes:
- Tuition and training fees for 2 weeks
- A round-trip train ticket from Paris to the destination city.
Program participants receive grants covering a portion of their accommodation and food expenses.
Applicants must be:
- full-time teachers in accredited U.S. schools
- assigned to teach the French language and/or French culture in grades K-12
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. (French citizens are not allowed to apply)
- highly proficient in French
- must not have received a grant from the French government within the last 3 years
For full details go to http://www.frenchculture.org/spip.php?rubrique516&tout=ok